With just under a month left to submit your stories & memories to the City of South Perth’s Local History Award, it’s time to get writing!
What do you love about your suburb? What do you remember seeing and doing over the years? Have a favourite business, shop, or local spot you are fond of?
We would love to hear your stories!
For details on how to enter and go in the draw for some great prizes, click the image below:
Some of our entries from 2012 shared some great memories with us…
- “My favourite thing about South Perth is — its proximity to the beautiful Swan River and the wonderful memories I have experienced during my 88 years of living in South Perth and Como. …” [Adult]
- “My favourite place is the South Perth Foreshore because it is always peace and quiet. I remember the time when my family and I were having a picnic there nine years ago. ….. ” [Upper Primary student]
- “… Whilst in the Swan Street neighbourhood, I was also fascinated by the rifle range at Wesley College, the location now used for tennis courts. … Can you imagine a rifle range in downtown South Perth today? The city fathers would be freaking out.” [Adult]
- “The suburb I live in is Kensington which is in South Perth. … I like to explore the suburb. Every now and then I go out with friends and find the little alleyways around Canning Highway.” [Upper Primary student]
- “… I have not had a lot of memories in South Perth. But, there are some activities that made me happy, namely, a walk with my family. …. I am so happy with South Perth. Although I’m still new, I intend to stay and experience here. I think South Perth is an exciting place. There are many trees there, so I feel calm during the day. … ” [Lower Secondary student]