Founded in August 1895, the Royal Perth Golf Club has a long and proud history which began when the Club commenced on Burswood Island before moving to Wattle Grove Farm, Belmont in 1900 and then to its current site in South Perth in 1908.
In May 2015, the City of South Perth and the Royal Perth Golf Club began working together to digitise historic photographs and ephemera from the Golf Club’s own archive collection and to record oral histories with some of the Club’s long-standing members.
Over 100 images were scanned and catalogued and five oral history interviews were recorded with members and past presidents capturing the spirit and stories of the Club.
Visit Picture South Perth to view the Royal Perth Golf Club collection online.
As any member of the club today will say, the real pride of the club lies in its members and their stories, in the friendships and sportsmanship that can only truly develop from a love of the game and a course that feels like home.
Watch the video introduction to the oral history interviews below, and listen to the full audio interviews on Picture South Perth:
For more information contact the City’s Local History Librarian on 9474 0800.